The Bible #
We believe that:
- The 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are scripture, words given by inspiration of God.
- That God preserves his words perpetually to all generations, for ever.
- That through the ministries of his word he also preserves a godly seed on the earth, to all generations.
- That the words of the LORD are pure, and that these pure words are contained in the Received Text, including faithful translations.
- And that it is through these pure words that God purifies the hearts of men.
The words of the LORD are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. — Psalm 12:6-7
We’ve expounded these beliefs in more detail in a series of posts on our blog.
The Gospel #
We believe that cleansing from sin and salvation from sin, death, and hell is freely given by God to all who believe on his Son Jesus Christ, and that this atonement and pardon is granted based on Christ’s sinlessness, his Godhead, his manhood, the shedding of his blood on the cross, his descension into and triumph over hell, his resurrection from the dead, and his ascension into heaven, resulting in a finished work that saves to the uttermost all those that come unto God by him, so that he now sits at the right hand of God having obtained eternal redemption for us; and that there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.
The Church #
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, the congregation of the saints, the general assembly of those that believe the gospel.
We therefore seek not to transform the institutions of men, whether denominations or governments, but to transform the hearts of men. (Though we acknowledge that a transformation of the latter naturally leads to that of the former.)